Wednesday 3 October 2012

Cramignon - Bassenge


Cramigon Checklist:
1. A Partner
2. A Ball Gown
3. REALLY STRONG ARMS!

Sooo....
I've now seen many cramignons, and I am becoming more and more familiar with what it is. In fact people in my village believe that I will be the cramignon expert out of all the exchange students, which could be true because cramignons are almost exclusive to my area. However even after all my studying and many hours of observations,I was not nearly as prepared as I thought I was to actually participate in one.

I apoligize for not having pictures to share; I'm still without my laptop.

I got dressed and got the pre-cramignon pictures taken at the house. Then I was picked up by my host grandpa to be taken to the community hall of bassenge, and boy was that an interesting challenge of trying to get in to a tiny european car with a huge ball gown on.
Everyone gathered at the comunity hall waiting for the time when we will embark on this exciting and fun endeaver.
At 2:30 we all got in a line two by two with our partners and we started walking towards the war memorial of the village. The front and the back couples of the line laid flowers at the memorial and we had a moment of reflection.

Shortly after the craziness of the cramignon started. We all form a line single file by grabing on to handles that every boy had, so the line went girl, boy, girl, boy with all the couples. Then we RAN!! we ran in every which way curving and swerving until we arrived at the first "halt."
we all stopped, talked, had a refreshment, and continued the process. This went on until 7:00pm!!!

I went home to changed, eat and get ready for the dance later that night. I was already to go, then I made the mistake of sitting down. I COULD NOT MOVE!!! Once my muscles relaxed I was done.

All in all, I will never forget this experience and I am slowly working up the courage to participate in the next possible one.

Now to start the checklist again...

No comments:

Post a Comment