Tuesday 27 March 2012

March Orientation

This past weekend my parents and I traveled to the wonderful north Bay for the second of three orientation weekends.

It was a lot of fun seeing all the other outbounds. I missed them so much even though I only met them on the last orientation weekend almost two months ago. I feel so close to all of them. I think it's special how we all have this special experience that create a bound between us all.

Anyways, Saturday My parents and I had an interview with four board members from district who are in charge of our exchange. Then I chilled in my room with my dad for an hour. In the later afternoon most people had finished their interviews and so all the out bounds clustered in the hallway near the interveiw room and hung out.  It was a lot of fun catching up with everyone, we all talked in the hallway for a couple hours. At 5:30 there was a reception for everyone. All the adults were standing and socializing, and the students chatted some more at tables at one end of the room. It was a great evening!:D

Sunday was an early morning. Registration started at 8:15 and the meeting started shortly after that. The entire day was filled with information. Information about responsibilities, rules, requirements, an amazing inbound's speech about his experience, a rot-ex's speech about his experience, then his mom's, more information, information specific to our country, etc. All the outbounds had to say a short speech in the language of their host country, and EVERYONE did an amazing job. I was nervous for mine because I knew that there were 3 families that are bilingual and would understand how bad my french was. Apparently I did very well. a packed day from 8- 3:30. then the journey home.

I was soooo tired and did not feel well after the weekend, from sitting all day and staying up the night before. All around though it was an amazing weekend with amazing people.

OH, I also hot all my business cards!!! My very first business card ever.LOL

The time passed quickly from the last orientation weekend to this one, I hope time passes just as quickly to the next weekend.  the next time we all have to say a 5 minute speech.

I'm sooo excited, happy, and grateful for this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment