Sunday 20 January 2013

Radio

I have now talked with CBC Radio One on Ontario Morning three times. It has been such a wonderful experience for me, and I'm so grateful that they have given me this opportunity.

It all began after I did and interview for a newspaper article along with Natassja, who is another outbound student. So Natassja and I enjoyed our time talking with the Barrie Examiner,and as the interview was coming to a close, our interviewer asked us if we wanted to add anything else... My Mom being my Mom (sorry, I can't explain it any other way...) wanted to share how proud she was of me, and said that she was so excited for me because she had an idea about what waited for me on my exchange because she went on exchange with the same program when she was 16.

The radio called me less than a week before my departure to see if my Mom and I would be interested in doing an interview because they thought our story was interesting
My First interview was on August 15 with my mom. the main topic of the interview was the lead up to my departure; how I was feeling about to leave and how my Mom was feeling watching me go having a little bit of an idea about what was waiting for me.

The second interview was October 5. This was a follow up interview about what has been happening, the differences I've noticed, how I was feeling and dealing with the culture shock.

My third and most recent interview was on January 4. The focus of this interview was on my encounter with homesickness. If you've read my Homesick post in December you already understand how I could talk about this for ten minutes...

I will keep you posted about any other interviews in the future...
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment