Sunday 19 August 2012

The Plane - Flying First Class with Assistance

 My Mom, Dad, my brother Jonah, and my friend Hayley went with me to the airport. I arrived at the airport just before 2pm. We checked in at special assistance and waited until 4 to say goodbye because assistance was going to take me straight through security and right to my gate.

The goodbyes were hard; the last hug, the last words, the last smiles. But once I was alone and on my way I was fine.

I went through security in five minutes and was at my gate 2mins after that. I sat at my terminal just long enough to send a message to my mom, then I was boarded first.

Now all this time I've been waiting to hear if I could sit in first class because my aunt had given me her points to do so but I was on a waiting list and wouldn't know until I boarded the plane.

And so, at the gate I asked if I got it. They said, "I don't know, we will only find out in half an hour." I quickly said, "I can wait, but I really need this seat if it's possible." and so the two people at the gate talked and looked at the computer, then returned to me and said, " it's impossible, so we will take you to your seat now." GREAT, JUST GREAT. I'm sitting there while everyone else is loading the plane. Then a man came up to me and said that I was sitting in his seat. OH BOY!, what now? I could not handle anymore stress. A flight attendant looked into our problem, comes back, turns out I DID get the upgrade. I was so happy and thankful.

I spent the rest of my flight in a cocoon watching the Rick Mercer report and eating a warm wrap, all the way to Montreal.

At Montreal, I had to deplane, go to a different gate with assistance, and re board the plane. For the rest of the flight I watched The Hunger Games, ate a great meal, (scallops, shrimp, salad, a bun, beef tenderloin, and berry and caramel cake) slept for three hours, started watching the Three Stooges and ate breakfast (croissant, fruit, yogurt, and juice)

Once we landed I was taken by golf cart to my luggage and was met by my family and two members from rotary.
It was a short car ride home. and one of the longest days ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment