Wednesday 3 October 2012

School - Take Three

After going home stressed and in tears everyday for a week, My host mom and I decided it may be time to talk to the school again...

The courses were better, the teachers pushed to the side of the class, and the class was small, and not so patient or accepting of me. I was feeling like an alien or a used kleenex that has to be put in a garbage caa but no one wants to be the one to touch it.

My host mom called the school and explained to a guidence teacher what was going on with me and that this class was not working to well. On that particulaire morning I had gym for the first two hours, and then a 20min break. When my class returned the guidence teacher stopped and talked to all of the girls in my class. Then she talked to me.

It was a difficult conversation for me to express myself, but the guidence teacher was insisting that I needed to try harder and that they can't change my class every week... So she suggested that she talks to the whole class and explain how I'm feeling and my difficulties.

I returned to my class line a,d all the girls were telling me how they didn't know that it was hard and didn't know how to help me or how to talk to me and they promised they would try harder.
Great, things seemed to be looking up for a second go. Then we got to class and all the girls quickly clumped together leaving no place for me, and the boys filled up the rest of the row before I could get there. So there I was alone, again...
The guidence teacher arrived at my class to talk with them, she hesitates, and studies the class, then pulls me out to they hall. "Ok, I understand now,"
After another conversation she said that a girl in the other class of my program asked if I could join their class. I quickly said yes, I felt like this would be and must be the right class for me if they were asking for me. It wasn't that the other class was mean, they just didn't know what to do with me or have the patience to try and talk to me.

It was decided after lunch I would join the other class.

6Q3B here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment