Monday 12 November 2012

Elections

First thing that you need to know is that the government system is very complicated so I have a feeling that this will be the blind leading the blind situation.

Belgium has a king, but i dont really know what power or control he has over the country.
Then Belgium is divided into 3 regions; Wallonia, Flanders, Bruxelles. Where each of them have their own separate government. Each region also has their own provinces which govern themself to a point. Then there are the communities; French, Flemish, and German, each with there own separate government.

Now for the confusing part. Each governing system does not completely cover the needs of the people, and they all work separate  and each one holds the same amount of power.
So if you need something you have to find in what government that you problems falls under, and most times you can go to a few different governments to help you.

So as you can imagine, there are a lot f elections because each member of the government is elected, or at least as far as I know.

On the second Sunday of October everyone and I mean EVERYONE has to vote, because it is mandatory, dont ask me why or what happens if you dont vote.

So when you vote, you choose a party, sounds the same as Canada. Then you choose one or two or three, or all the candidates in that party for you city/what ever "area" you are voting for.

I dont fully understand the results, and I dont think that helps my point of trying to explain this to you, but there went my best shot. I hope you were amused and possibly learnt something as I have, and if you are scratching you heads because I made no sense, I only ask that you dont judge my blog but what you just read, its not all like this... I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment