Tuesday 13 November 2012

Day 2: ...London, ... Bridge and Shakepeare

 We started our day right after the kids got the bus for school. One train and a tube later we arrived at our first stop... Can you guess what it was??? ok I'll because it's so hard to guess... We went to the Tower Of  London!



 It was unbelievable all the history that can be connected with one place. I never really knew much about the tower of London... to be honest I think I only knew the name and that the crown jewels were kept there (basically due to a kids cartoon show, the country mouse and city mouse, that I watched when I was little.)
 For example a total of four Queens of England were taken by boat through this gate to their dealth. A bit of a downer but most of the history surrounding this tower is, but still so INTERESTING!!! I couldn't take enough in!

 Our tour guide was hilarious and made so many history jokes that I actually understood!

 Then there was a changing of the guards in front of the building where the crown jewels are kept. Recognize anyone !?!?!?!
 That's right!.... the SAME GUARD THAT SMILED AT ME!!! I wonder if he recognized me, i caught his eye but he did look at me for long. Ronna and I cold not stop laughing!!
 This is the oldest ruins in England.

 These birds are so important to the tower, if at any point all of these birds leave the tower its very bad luck, possibly the sign of the end of England.... UH OH!
 An interesting part of the history of the tower is TORTURE... your eyes did not deceive you, torture! 

 Stop number two was the Tower Bridge.


 I could have stood there all day taking pictures.

Stop number three was Shakespeare's Globe Theater. It wasn't too far away from the tube stop or where Daniel Craig lives, but it took Ronna and I a little longer than expected because we could not find our way... but we did stumble across this beautiful wall.
 When I laid eyes on the globe theater I thought I would have to slap myself to wake up from this dream!
 This is Shakespeare's third Globe theater the first two burnt down, and the third one is not built on the original site, but it is an exact replica, and I was still speechless.


 The stage

 The heavens

and hell (the hole in the stage)


After picking my jaw up off the ground we returned home after a very excited and historic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment